Rockstar informally introduced the world to Grand Theft Auto V this morning. With the game’s first trailer about a week away, stock investors flocked to Take Two Interactive (TTWO) in a down market to close the stock nearly 6% higher.
The stock which bottomed out in August of this year, is still over two handles away from it’s yearly highs. The company saw similar action around the announcement and release of Grand Theft Auto IV.
While this is no means a recommendation to buy the company stock, it looks like investors might be seeing value in the company with games like Bioshock:Infinite, Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2, and now Grand Theft Auto V in the pipeline.
- GTA Online Heists Causing Server Issues, Many Can’t Connect
- Could GTA V be banned in wake of tragic shooting?
- [Update] GTA V PC Mods Officially Blocked by the End User License Agreement
- GTA V Launches on PC – Download and “Unpacking” Issues Plague Many
- GTA Online Heists details coming soon, says Rockstar