The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ finally has a release date, and it’s today. The DLC will be hitting Steam later on today after having its store page pop up surprisingly this morning. This is the supposed final piece of DLC for The Binding of Isaac, adding new items and mechanics, but also opening up mod support, allowing the community to keep the game going for the foreseeable future.
The Binding of Isaac has been a smash indie hit. The original game was a small flash title, released after receiving some acclaim and attention. It then had a DLC expansion with the Wrath of the Lamb, but there were issues with the base engine that required a total rewrite from the developer, if they wanted to continue supporting and adding to it. That’s where The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth came in, getting the game running better than ever, while updating it to run on more modern platforms. Later on Rebirth received it’s first DLC expansion with Afterbirth, and now another is coming with The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+.
In terms of what Afterbirth+ is adding to the game to warrant another purchase, the big news is definitely mod support, but it also contains some exclusive stuff of its own. The Steam page lists it all out, including “55+ new items. New final chapter with boss and ending. New playable character. Greed hard mode. Daily greed runs. 5 new challenges. Loads of new achievements. New bosses and other little editions.”
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is a roguelike game where the entire world is randomly generated from a set number of available rooms, items, and enemies. This means that these additions totally reshape the experience, making it so that the dungeons you’ve become used to running through have some additional surprises hiding behind every door.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ hits PC later today and should arrive on PS4, Xbox One,a nd many other platforms some time soon.
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is Available to Download Now for New 3DS, Wii U, and Xbox One
- ‘Wii U is not much more Powerful than a PS Vita’ says Binding of Isaac Developer
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth ‘Outlook not Good’ for 3DS, Wii U, and Vita Versions
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is Now Available on iOS Devices
- Binding of Isaac Dev: Switch Dev Tools Are “Light Years Ahead” of Wii U
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Release Date and Content Info Revealed
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Switch Release Date Set for March 17th
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Update Unlocks all Promised Content
- The Binding of Isaac Amiibo Coming? The Creator Gauges Interest
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Review