Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End was without a doubt one of the gaming highlights of 2016, delivering a satisfying conclusion to Naughty Dog’s fantastic action/adventure series. The series’ popularity and the game’s unmistakable quality has also resulted in some great sales numbers, which developer Naughty Dog has just given us an update on.
According to Naughty Dog, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has sold 8.7 million copies worldwide since its launch in May 2016, with these sales numbers being recorded as of December 21st. Seeing as these numbers don’t account for the entire month of December, it’s likely that the game could be even closer (or even already reached) the 9 million units sold mark. They also noted that the Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle was a huge success, making it one of the most popular deals the company has ever done.
While the game is already a fantastic package as it is, the developer is not done supporting the game. The game’s multiplayer has received regular updates that continue to get high praise, and the game will also be getting major story DLC in the form of Uncharted: Lost Legacy later this year. Lost Legacy puts us in the shoes of series favorite Chloe, who was noticeably missing from the action in Uncharted 4. The DLC does not yet have a concrete release date, though it will be a standalone release.
The game most recently received a patch that added in Survival mode, though it also brought along plenty more. The following is everything included:
- New Maps: Train Wreck (from Uncharted 2) and Prison
- Returning Classic Weapons: M4 Assault Rifle, PAK-80 Light Machine Gun, Micro 9mm Automatic Pistol, Para 9 Pistol, and the Desert 5 Pistol (Heavy Weapon)
- New Beta Test Playlist Mode: King of the Hill – teams to compete to retain control of a single Hill and earn Victory Points. Respawning restricted when your team controls the Hill
- New Character Skins: 48 new character skins, including new Biker-themed skins
- New Color Customization: Customize any character skin with 25 unique color variants
- New Multiplayer Levels and Rewards: Max rank increased to Level 90 with two new vanity unlocks
- New Challenges: Earn Relics with new Challenges for Multiplayer and Survival
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is available exclusively for PlayStation 4.