Blue Lock Chapter 228 shows Barou tying the game at 2-2 after his amazing shot between Isagi and Kaiser’s legs. Unfortunately for us fans, we have an extended-release timeline for Chapter 229, leaving us with what will happen next. However, we have a reliable source that will drop Blue Lock Chapter 229 spoilers before the official release, so you don’t have to wait that long to see how Isagi will respond. Here’s everything you need to know about Blue Lock 229.
Blue Lock Chapter 229 Spoilers
Blue Lock Chapter 229 spoilers and raw scans have been released:
- Blue Lock Chapter 229: “Underdog”
- “Barou’s superb shot ties the game! What does Snuffy think of the awakening of this brat who ignores his ‘design’?”
- We are then taken to Snuffy’s past. When he entered the house, he found his best friend Mick Munn, lying on the floor lifeless.
- “Hey Snuffy, w’ere the best in the world. And I’m a genius chosen by God.”
- On the field, it seems like Mich and Snuffy were partnered up by their coach.
- Mick: Oh? What are you? I don’t need a partner who’s just big.
- Snuffy: Coach… is it true that this stupid-faced shorty and I are the new combo?
- Coach: Stop it, Mick! Snuffy! We’re in training!
- In a game, they scored a goal.
- Mick: Tsk! Ain’t that gorilla goal just cute!
- Snuffy: Give me a better pass, you dumb kid with only speed!
- Mick: No, you give it to me, big boy!
- Snuffy: Idiot! Enough! We’re in the middle of a game!
- Snuffy is reminiscing about the past with his best friend.
- Mick: Let’s go, Snuffy, we can turn everything around.
- Snuffy: Yeah, Mick, we’re gonna make it to the top of the world.
- Their downfall. While Mick is drinking…
- Mick: What’s this talk about?
- Snuffy: You heard it, right? We’re out of the regulars. Actually… we didn’t do as well as we did last season, so we deserve it.
- Mick: haha, we played around too much. Shall we get serious now?
- Snuffy: No, it’s impossible with this team… The trust from the top has already shattered… We have no choice but to start over from scratch… Change our minds in a lower-ranked team…
- Mick: Idiot! We’re kings! I’m on interested in big clubs!
- Snuffy: Wake up for once, Mick. We’re players who have once ended. Football is a fast-changing world. Someone who was nobody becomes a start overnight and the opposite is us now. The times are always changing and new players are coming out one after another. It’s time to be smart and strong and choose a new future for ourselves.
- Mick: What’s that? Then what about that dream? conquering the five major leagues in Europe… We’ve only won one so far?
- Snuffy: That is… now we have to give up once and think again when the time comes…
- Mick: Die… If you can’t dream the same dream, get lost, underdog.
- Snuffy: Don’t regret it, you damn brat…
- Mich: Hahn, I won’t change my way of life! Listen up, Snuffy! I’ll teach you one last good thing! That’s not the right way to be a wise adult! Invention! Revolution! Innovation always starts with a damn brat’s dream.
- Snuffy hugged his lifeless friend while crying
- Snuffy monologue: Sorry Mick… I couldn’t see the same dream until the end… The continuation of our nonsense (dream) that didn’t come true, I’m on my own.
- Back to the filed, the score is now 202. The Ubers are rejoicing because of Barou’s goal.
- Lorenzo: Shaha
- Aiku: Damn super goal!
- Aryuu: King of Osha Kinga!
- Aiku: You did it, you traitor!
- Niko: outing us with a goal like that. He really is the villain king.
- Barou: Hmp. Serves you right, you donkeys.
- Snuffy: Nice goal, Barou. You got that one. That kind of goal isn’t in my “design,” it’s your ego’s win!
- Barou: I don’t need your pathetic praise on the outcome. I’m done working with you, Sunny. I’ll tell you this as a footballer… You’re gonna win the top 5 leagues, fulfill your draems with your dead pal, and retire after this season without a care in the world? That’s the way to live like a wise adult…” You, second-rate striker… I won’t let you run away with just trophies! There’s still me on this battlefield. Withdraw your retirement, Snuffy! I haven’t settled with you yet!
- Snuffy: Ha, got it, I’ll keep fighting. I’m still the best in the world.
- Snuffy monologue: Hey Mick, now I can believe what you said last time. I’ll be a damn brat dreaming till the end of my life.
- Lorenzo: I really like you Barou-chan, OK?
- Barou: Now, just one point. Let’s settle this once and for all, you donkey.
- To be continued in the next chapter, “Buddy”
Blue Lock Chapter 229 Release Timeline
The Blue Lock Chapter 229 release timeline is 12:00 AM JST on Thursday, August 24, 2023. Here are the time zone conversions for the most common cities:
- 8:00 AM PDT Wednesday, August 23
- 9:00 AM MDT Wednesday, August 23
- 10:00 AM CDT Wednesday, August 23
- 11:00 AM EDT Wednesday, August 23
- 12:00 PM ADT Wednesday, August 23
- 12:00 PM BRT Wednesday, August 23
- 3:00 PM GMT Wednesday, August 23
- 5:00 PM CEST Wednesday, August 23
- 8:30 PM IST Wednesday, August 23
- 10:00 PM ICT Wednesday, August 23
- 11:00 PM PHT Wednesday, August 23
- 12:00 AM JST Thursday, August 24
Blue Lock Chapter 228 Recap
Chapter 228 of Blue Lock, titled “Damn Brat,” continues the story from the previous manga. Barou tries to dribble toward Bastard Munchen’s goal, but Isagi and Kaiser block him.
During the chapter, Isagi thinks aloud while strategizing against Barou. With Michael Kaiser by his side, they block Barou’s path, leaving him only two options: shooting at the near or far post. Even Gagamaru is prepared to stop a shot if he sees Barou attempt one. However, Barou decides not to shoot as Isagi and Kaiser cover any openings.
Barou refused to take the shot despite Isagi’s wonderings and Snuffy’s taunts to pass the ball to the master striker. Barou knew there were no openings in front of him. Instead of using the cut-in that Isagi had predicted, he dribbled the ball away from his opponents to create an opening. He stated he was willing to die honorably if he couldn’t become the world’s number-one king in the future.
Barou scored the goal by shooting the ball between Isagi and Kaiser’s legs. Snuffy was in the way, but Barou asked him to move, and the ball went into the goal, ending Chapter 228 with a tie score of 2-2.
Where Can You Read Blue Lock Chapter 229?
You can read Blue Lock Chapter 229 online from the official Weekly Shōnen Magazine website. Unfortunately, it is not translated into English, and you need a membership to read current issues. However, multiple unofficial websites allow you to read Blue Lock online for free. As always, be careful what website you use and do so at your own risk.
- This article was updated on September 7th, 2023