A new colorful action RPG is on the horizon, as today developer Enigami and publisher Focus Home Interactive have revealed that Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom will be launching next month. The game is set to debut on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on April 18th, though it had previously been delayed several times.
For those who don’t know, the game was brought to life thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign, where it raised nearly $140,000 with the help of over 3,000 backers. The game is set in a universe that is on the verge of collapse, and you control a character named Chado as he travels with his companions through the celestial islands on their flying ship. Chado and crew end up crash-landing on one of the most hostile islands, putting them right in the middle of a multi-kingdom conflict.
The gameplay has you exploring the game’s large world and utilizing the various skills of your five playable characters in order to overcome its obstacles. Combat mixes magic and traditional fighting game mechanics like hit, block, and combo, with experience points being gained afterwards to level up your characters. The following is a breakdown of the game’s key features:
- Travel through an enthralling and interactive world as Chado and his 4 companions, and develop your characters.
- Hyper-dynamic combat mixing magic with combos, parries, and blocks like a traditional arena fighter.
- Develop 2 types of skills (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells Explore and interact with a vast world made of multiple environments thanks to you and your companions’ special powers and skills.
- Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation.
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on April 28th and costs $29.99, though if you pre-order on Steam you’ll get a pretty nice deal. All pre-orders come with a 15% off discount of the regular price, as well as the Official Shiness Manga and the Original Soundtrack. A new trailer for the game was also released, which you can take a look at below.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018