ARK: Survival Evolved for the Xbox One received a hefty update Friday that fixes some issues with the dinosaur survival game while also adding some new stuff. The prehistoric drive-by kangaroo, Procoptdon has arrived along with the dinosaur rebalance that surprised PC players and more than a 100 new official servers.
The 730.0 update weighs in at around 1.3 GB and includes some welcome updates to Xbox One owners who dove into the Game Preview program for ARK: Survival Evolved. The performance has been improved for better framerate while the game-breaking issue of the game crashing in caves has also been addressed.
Existing players should be aware that tamed dinosaurs received a significant rebalance that makes them not as effective as before. This caught the PC crowd by surprise, as previously covered, so don’t let it happen to you. The changes are meant to balance the game long-term and allow Studio Wildcard to add more variety to the dinos.
One huge quality of life improvement is bookmarks finally work in the server browser. Additionally, servers that players have a character on are now automatically added to the bookmark list.
The new ARK update was actually released as part of two updates. 730.0 is the big patch while 729.9 is a small executable patch.
730.0 Patch Notes
- All the PC Functionality, Fixes, & Content up through PC version v231.9 (Fireplace, Procoptodon, Dino Rebalance, etc)
- Fixed Cave Loading crash/fall-thru
- Improved performance: better framerate, less stalls
- Fixed crosshair not appearing
- Fixed some cases where you could lose character save data in local mode
- Fixed fur armor colorization
- Added 100+ more Official Servers
- Improved speed of server listing
- Fixed Taming Dinos losing Inventories/messed-up-Inventories upon reloading singleplayer save game
- Fixed a memory leak that was typically causing crashes around the Volcano area
729.9 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where many Player-Hosted sessions were not joinable!
- “Full” Servers are now listed! Also increased server list size to 250 so that ALL Official Servers are listed (100-server search limit causing some servers to not appear)
- Server Bookmarks now save!
- Server Bookmarks are automatically added for any servers that you join (to help you find your server if you didn’t remember the name
- Session List Ping should work properly now (and the servers are now default ordered by Ping)
- LB+Start now opens Tribe Chat (text chat)
- Plugging in a controller no longer signs you out of your gameplay
- Hidden Engrams are no longer displayed on client (Primitive servers etc)
- Server Broadcast messages now respect player communication privilege
- Reloading ( X ) with the hand-held Map out now opens the UI to Apply/Remove Map Pins
- Player Actions Wheel now only shows the Poop option if you can Poop (tee hee hee).
- You can now Press Start in the Inventory of an activateable structure to toggle its active state (campfire etc)
- Improved Structure destruction vfx
- Fixed issue where you couldn’t interact with some nearby Dinos / Access Inventories in Singleplayer / when Hosting
- Fixed a singleplayer crash that could occur randomly when moving through the world
- Doubled the Slider Ranges on the ‘Host Game’ UI (in a future patch will uncap it with editboxes ala PC)
[Image via ARK: Survival Evolved]
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018