EA and DICE have announced that the upcoming “Fall Patch” for Battlefield 4 will fix a lot of the lingering issues that players have experienced since the game’s troubled launch. Netcode will likely be the biggest fix, as that has caused a number of problems for the series. Essentially, part of the netcode is how often the server talks to your PC. Due to Battlefield 4 having a lower than desired ping rate between server and host players would experience issues like dying behind a wall. But fixing that isn’t all this update does. Take a look at the list below to see the highlights:
– Rush (All base game maps except Dawnbreaker), Obliteration, Capture the Flag, and Carrier Assault. Added the Obliteration Competitive sub-game mode
– Close & Medium range sight reticles no longer affected by weapon firing animation, AKA “Visual Recoil”
– Improved visibility for red glowing reticule pieces against bright backgrounds
– Now almost identical to BF3 movement – with BF4 animation sets
– Dampened third person hit reactions for player head
HUD clarification pass
– De-cluttered and made customizable a plethora of HUD options to make BF4 look the way you want it to (within reason)
– Made revives much more robust, easier to understand with new UI art and included a new “fully charged” paddle sound.
– Lowering the setting for how much time difference is allowed when damaging other players (addressing trade kills and behind cover kills where high pings are involved)
– An automatic High Frequency Update setting is now the default for all users
– Added High Frequency update support to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms
– Additional improvements to bullet damage delays between clients compared to Netcode Patch
Weapon attachment changes
– Muzzle Brake: Reduced the overall impact of this attachment. Both its positives and negatives have been reduced
– Heavy Barrel: Lowered the buff it gave to minimum moving spread and moved some of that bonus into reduced spread increase. Should be a good option for longer range tap firing
– Lasers: Small buff to standing hip-fire accuracy
Note that this list contains an excerpt – the upcoming patch notes will have a detailed list.
– Bullet velocity increases: Improved bullet velocity for Slugs and nearly all suppressed weapons. Selectively improved base velocity for weapons that were too slow for their intended range
– Damage Model: Many weapons have had their maximum and minimum damage adjusted slightly. It may take 1 extra bullet to kill at extremely close engagements and long range combat
– Trigger Delay: Removed from all revolvers
– Adjustments to slower rate of fire weapons to make them easier to use at longer ranges vs higher ROF weapons
– Carbines and PDWs now have unique bullpup modifiers that give improved bonuses over the rifle counterpart
– Ammo: Gave more ammo to the weapons that were short a mag compared to their counterparts
– DMRs: Audio when being shot at by a DMR has been improved
– SKS and M39EMR no longer allow you to hold breath
– Grenade capacity lowered and resupply times increased.
While no date was set for when the Fall Patch will hit Battlefield 4, it is already in the certification process for many systems. This means it should arrive soon, once it has been verified to not cause any other issues.