With the Battlefield: Hardline beta now in full swing on PS4 and PC, it is unsurprising that some have started having a poke around in the game’s files to see what they can uncover. As noted by VG24/7, a YouTuber has posted a video demonstrating some hidden weapons they have managed to unconver and use –
- M93R – Hand Gun
- M1911 – Hand Gun
- RS357 – Magnum
- MAC-10 – Personal Defense Weapon
- M240B – Light Machine-Gun
- SR-25 ECC – Designated Marksmen Rifle
- L96A1 – Bolt-Action Rifle
- SMAW – Launcher
- M18 – Smoke Grenade
Weapons that exist in files/not showed –
- Molotov – A carbon copy of BF4’s incendiary grenade.
- Sticky Grenade – Can’t be even equipped yet.
- C4 – Breaching charge that looks like C4.
In addition to this, the Youtuber also revealed what he believed to be somee of the map names and game modes that may become available in the final version –
- High Tension
- Desert 05
- Hollywood Hills
- Growhouse Eastside
- Turf War
- Blood Money
A Reddit user has also found some additional information relating to game modes, maps and more from listening to hidden audio files in the beta’s code –
- “Desert 05 – Hostage rescue (no official map name so far) – Hostage rescue against gang running a methamphetamine lab.“
- “Turf war on High Tension – most likely domination cameo as in recent interviews, Visceral employee said that as of now Conquest is not included in Hardline.”
- “Hostage sound files (mainly variations of words ‘hey/over here/help me/’ with one exception of ‘Hey man cut me loose’)”
- “Molotovs/incendiary – Sound files indicate the existence of incendiary bombs, whilst in-game weapon name states Molotov. Most likely will stay as incendiary as currently it uses BF4 incendiary grenade particle effects.”
- “Map called ‘Growhouse’ will have a levolution event with blowing up Van.”
- “There is a singleplayer level nicknamed ‘Chop Shop’, which most likely is a warehouse raided by a player (it will end up in flames).”
- “Sound files containing impact sounds of empty .45 shell on various surfaces (nicknamed Distraction bullet). May indicate that SP has stealth mechanics.”
What do you make of these potential additions to the new Battlefield title? Maybe you have some doubts? Leave a comment below with your thoughts!