Back in 2009 the Battlefield franchise branched into the free-to-play arena with Battlefield Heroes, a third-person shooter that had a more cartoony look than other entries in the series. While it never became a massive juggernaut like some other F2P games out there, it always had its own community of fans that played the game. However, that community is about to get shut down as EA has announced that the Battlefield Heroes servers will be turned off on July 14th, 2015. Players are no longer able to spend money in the market, and funds left in player’s accounts will not be refunded, so they are encouraged to spend anything they have left. Below you can read through the FAQ provided for the transition.
- Why are you shutting down Battlefield Heroes?
- These are hard decisions, but Battlefield Heroes is an older title that is not as popular as it once was. It has been a great experience, and we know some loyal fans will be disappointed, but we felt it was the right time to retire this veteran game.
- What will happen to all the characters and progress that I have made?
- Unfortunately everything will be deleted once the game shuts down.
- Can I ask for a refund?
- Refunds will not be available.
- Will I be able to use my account to play other Electronic Arts games?
- Your EA Origin account will not be deleted once the game shuts down. You will be able to continue using it to play other games on www.origin.com.