Star Wars: The Old Republic early access began yesterday. And while yesterday marked the starting point for many adventurers into the world of the Old Republic, Bioware has begun to reveal some of their intended plans for the game going forward. Addressing the community on SWTOR Blog, Bioware listed some of the things to expect out of the MMO.
The company has plans for the game to evolve over time, expanding on the universe.
What’s Next for Star Wars: The Old Republic:
- New Content – We will be adding new content to the galaxy on an ongoing basis. These worlds will include Operations, Flashpoints and solo content.
- Guild Functionality – Guilds are important to the long term health of any MMORPG. We have a huge list of guild centric features. This will be an ongoing effort that will probably never end. Guild banks are the first thing we’ll be delivering in our plans for increased guild functionality. Eventually we even want to deliver on the promise of the long hinted at “Guild Capital Ships”.
- UI customization – You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.
- PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.
- Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way… for now the details will have to remain under wraps.
- Legacy System – The ability to select a surname for your character is just the start of something much bigger. Soon, the Legacy experience and levels you earn will grant your characters access to powers, objects and other cool benefits.
- And more – We have an entire team of developers working on future content. Right now we are focused on nothing else but Star Wars: The Old Republic, so expect new and cool things.
The game officially launches on December 20th. Between now and then, Bioware is staggering early release windows for those that pre-ordered the game through various channels.
- This article was updated on:December 4th, 2017