The fourth and final installment of downloadable content for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is set to arrive on September 6th with the “Salvation DLC.” Salvation will stay true to the structure of past add-ons for the game, with the finale installment of Zombies mode and four new multiplayer maps.
Revelations is what Treyarch is titling the finale of this year’s Zombies mode. Here’s an excerpt from the press release, “In Revelations, we meet up with the Origins characters after they’ve taken an epic journey through space and time – all of their struggles lead to this very moment. In this, the final chapter of the Zombies experience, Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai finally come face to face with the mysterious Doctor Monty in The House. Confronted by an ancient evil, our heroes must fight the zombie horde once more in the final battle to save their immortal souls.”
The developers of Zombies mode are apparently really excited about this release, claiming that Revelations is “the final punctuation mark,” on the mode. “The secrets we laid out years ago will finally make sense,” says Jason Blundell of Treyarch.
The four new multiplayer maps are named “Citadel, Micro, Outlaw, and Rupture.” As Treyarch has re-made a new map for each downloadable content. DLC 4’s Rupture is a remaster of a map from Call of Duty: World at War called “Outskirts.” You can find descriptions of the maps below.
- Citadel: Once home to a powerful medieval army, this ancient castle now sits broken and abandoned. Tight corners force close-quarters engagements, while the moat and drawbridge allows for unique player movement opportunities in this mid-sized map. The last trespassers didn’t make it out alive – maybe you’ll have a better shot.
- Micro: What’s better than a BBQ on a hot summer day? A miniaturized war zone that takes place on a well-stocked family picnic table, that’s what! Navigate this bite-size battlefield for a larger-than-life experience.
- Outlaw: Gear up for a showdown in Outlaw; a western-style re-imagining of the fan favorite map Standoff from Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. This rough-and-tough medium-sized map brings classic engagements, flanking routes and strategic positions for long and medium ranged combat.
- Rupture: The Call of Duty®: World at War classic Outskirts is re-imagined as a high-tech facility, designed by a futuristic society desperate to repair the Earth’s atmosphere.
The September 6th release date is only for PlayStation consoles. The Xbox One and PC versions of Black Ops 3 DLC 4 Salvation will arrive in October.
Micro Black Ops 3
Rupture Black Ops 3
Citadel Black Ops 3
Outlaw Black Ops 3
Black Ops 3 DLC 4 Revelations Video
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018