Call of Duty may have lost its crown in 2013 to Grand Theft Auto V, but it came back in 2014 with the release of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Despite many gamers claiming to be sick of the franchise, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare still managed to be the best selling game of 2014. This is according to NPD sales reports that showed the top 10 best selling games from 2014.
The NPD sales only take into account newly purchased retail games. Digital and pre-owned games are not counted. Despite this, retail sales for games increased in 2014. Sales were $13.10 billion in 2014 which is up from the $12.94 million earned in 2013.
The Top 10 Best Selling Games in 2014:
1) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
2) Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3)
3) Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
4) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
5) Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4)
6) Super Smash Bros. (3DS, NWU)
7) NBA 2K15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
8) Watch Dogs (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC, NWU)
9) FIFA 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PSV)
10) Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, NWU, PC)
Call of Duty managed to sneak in twice with Ghosts being placed at number 10. Super Smash Bros. placing at number six is a big achievement since it’s the only first party exclusive to be in the top 10.
What games did you buy in 2014?