Day Z is an immensely popular survival title that projects itself, almost like an MMO with an ever persistent PVP. Where you never know who to trust.
The game has undergone a few improvements since initial release to early access, but now they are finally nearing their final form which will release sometime in 2016. The Day Z dev team along with Bohemia Interactive have announced their schedule for updates and progress towards the 1.0 build on the official forums. Players can expect an array of changes from new zombie AI, vehicles, dynamic events, modification of vehicles, a beta, and even animal companions (dogs, horses etc.). Check out the list below.
- Basic vehicles
- Central economy (advanced loot distribution)
- New renderer
- New Zombie AI
- Basic stealth system (zombies, animals, …)
- Advanced vehicles (repair, modifications, …)
- Advanced animals – life cycle, group behavior
- Player statistics
- New UI Stamina / fatigue
- Dynamic events
- Character life span + soft skills
- Animal predators + birds
- Aerial transport
- Console prototype
- BETA version
- Animal companions (dog, horse)
- Steam community integration (Achievements, Steamworks modding, etc)
- Construction (building shelters / walls / …)
Finally, they have also announced a price point of 27.99 EUR/34.99 USD that will take effect sometime in the next week. The full release in 2016 will be priced at 39.99 EUR / 49.99 USD. For now though, the game is still at 23.99 EUR/29.99 USD so if you planned on getting the title, now is the time, unless you like paying more.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018