After all the complaining and moaning and hot-fixes Bungie is set to finally make a Destiny patch that everyone can appreciate. One that changes engrams forever.
The new Destiny patch, 1.02 is set to go live on all platforms next week and bring a lot of changes to how engrams are handled. Major changes are that all Legendary engrams will now produce Legendary or better via the Cryptarch. As Bungie described it, “Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.” I think everyone is grateful that someone finally gave the Cryptarch what was coming to him. Also Rare engrams will always be Rare or better, which means that Legendary and Rare engrams will no longer give the player greens or worse. Also, ascendant materials are now considered Legendary items, so it will be possible to get these with a higher chance via Legendary engrams. Here’s the full patch list via Bungie’s Official page.
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…
The patch is set to release next week, most likely Tuesday. So be prepared for the awesome changes coming.
- This article was updated on:September 29th, 2014