The much anticipated Destiny patch 1.02 has finally been released and it fixes all the issues that fans had with the rare and legendary engram decryption.
As we reported late last week, Bungie decided that they are going to give the engram decryption sort of an overhaul in the sense that it will benefit the players more. The Legendary Engrams will now decrypt with Legendary or higher, and Ascendant materials are now considered apart of the Legendary tier of items. On top of this, Rare (blue) engrams will decrypt with blue or higher, so no more annoying greens! Bungie has a full change log available for Destiny patch 1.02 on their site and it includes a few other additions such as changes to the Crucible. Details on the changes are also listed below.
- Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
- Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before
- Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher
- Chance for Legendary gear increased
- Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)
- Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
- Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
- Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
- Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)
- Known issues
- When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
- You will still get the XP bonus, you just won’t see it in the UI
- Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
- Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists
Destiny is available now on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.