A new update has just been released by developer The Coalition for the PC version of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, which brings some nice tweaks to the game. These new tweaks fall in line with the recently-announced Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform features.
The complete patch notes for the new update can be found below, which includes unlocked framerate and v-sync toggle.
Title Update 5 – Patch Notes
- Added v-sync toggle to video options: Toggle “off” to not be limited by your monitor’s refresh rate. Note: This requires an OS update that can be found here.
- Added frame rate limit selector to video options: Use to reduce your frame rate if you are getting too much tearing, or choose unlimited to let the game render as fast as possible. Note: This option is best used with v-sync off. With v-sync on, it will force the game onto a refresh interval (render every refresh, every second refresh, etc.).
- Added anisotropic filtering setting to video options
- Added FPS counter toggle to video options.
- Fixed a bug where post processing could become disabled.
- Fixed a bug where PSO’s could be created on the fly instead of read from the cache, causing hitches.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is available now on Xbox One and PC. Gears of War 4 is set to launch exclusively for the Xbox One on October 11th, which takes place many years after the original Gears of War trilogy and stars Marcus Fenix’s son JD.