Call of Duty WWII is coming back for a second beta this weekend, and it’ll be somewhat different than last week as a number of changes will have been made to the game. First and foremost, players will get to experience a new map in Aachen. The level cap will be increased, new weapons will be introduced, as well as some balance changes and other options for the game.
Aachen is the new multiplayer map, of which Activision has released a new trailer for. The map is set in a German city that has been completely decimated by bombs. The city filled with gutted buildings and rubble appears to have plenty of spots for both tight, close quarters action as well as some long sight lines for snipers.
Aachen Map COD WWII
The level cap will increase as confirmed by Sledgehammer Games, and as for the new weapons… the M1A1 Carbine is one that they revealed as a low recoil weapon that can take enemies down with three shots in core mode. Changes will also be coming to War Mode in Week 2.
Some of the other game modes will get adjustments as well. Domination will see kill values going from 50 points each to 100. Team Deathmatch will go from 75 points to win to 100. They’ll also be tweaking hit feedback for players, with better audio cues and headshot indicators. The controversial Incendiary Shells will be out as a default. Some think that they might need to be nerfed going forward.
The official website lists all the changes for Beta Weekend 2 below:
- Adjusting Dom kills to 100pts, from 50.
- Increasing TDM end match score to 100.
- Hit feedback improvements, including better audio and more obvious headshot indicator
- Reducing Molotov to x1 per Scorestreak.
- Sprint out to ADS time refinement.
- Incendiary Shells as default off, and perhaps need to be nerfed.
- Paratrooper strength / cost balancing.
- Recon Aircraft too vulnerable to rifle damage.
- Color Blind support option.
- Bumper Jumper and other key controller configs.
Weekend 2 means that the beta will also be open on Xbox One. So anyone who preordered on Xbox One or PS4 will be able to play. The second weekend for the Call of Duty WWII beta begins on Friday Sept. 1st at 10:00 AM PDT.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018