Recent rumors suggest that Nintendo’s Wii U development might be facing some headwinds. A source inside Nintendo recently relayed information about the chipset in the console, and that it might not be powerful enough to get the job done as advertised at E3. Multiple issues appear to be a thorn in Nintendo’s side in the development process.
The wireless connectivity for the tablet is said to be causing problems with current development kits for the console requiring tethering of the device to get it functioning. Furthermore, even as a tethered controller the connection is “shaky” and requiring considerable software updates to retain functionality.
The Wii U was initially scheduled for a summer 2012 release. Though in the light of these recent rumors, it is also postulated that Nintendo is pushing the release back to September of 2012.
Source: 01net via VG247
- Xbox One predicted to have made up ground on PS4 in August sales, Wii U sales jump
- NPD: Sony back on top with PlayStation 4 sales in January
- Analyst Predicts Lifetime Sales For PS4, Xbox One And Wii U
- Gamers Choose PS4 Over Xbox One Because Of Resolution, While Wii U Adds Fun Factor
- Minecraft Creator Mocks The Nintendo Wii U Console
- Xbox One Still Behind PS4 And Wii U In France
- The Nintendo Wii U And New 3DS Outsell The PS4 During Christmas Week In Japan
- Analyst Thinks PS4, Wii U And Xbox One Will Be The Last Ever Consoles
- PS4 Lifetime Sales Overtake Wii U In Japan; Xbox One A Very Distant Third
- PS4 leads next-gen sales for 6th consecutive month via NPD