It was a pretty big deal last year when it was revealed that the Xbox One’s Killer Instinct series would also be coming to PC, and now we know when Season 3 will be launching for PC gamers. Killer Instinct PC will launch in March, though it will be exclusive to Windows 10 so you’ll have to upgrade if you run a previous version of Windows.
This information was revealed during a Twitch stream, where it was announced that more tweaks and balances would also be coming to the game with the launch of Season 3. Scroll down for a complete list of new information for Killer Instinct Season 3 via a post on Reddit below:
Rumors that have been confirmed
- It will release in March 2016
- It is Windows 10 exclusive
- An updated Dojo Tutorial
- Tusk and Kim Wu have been confirmed to appear at launch and both will have retro costumes
- More characters will be available at launch than there were in the launch of Season 2. The remaining few will be available in the coming months.
- Everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3
New information that has been confirmed
- Two characters that are currently on the roster will be re-worked. That means their set ups and how they gain meter will be different. It is confirmed that these two characters are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although Ultimates for every character isn’t confirmed, it is possible for all the characters to receive Ultimates due to the tech they developed when they created ARIA.
- They will reveal more information at Pax South in San Antonio, TX sometime between January 29-31
- There will be more community bundles in Season 3 due to the success of the Shadow Jago Fund Raiser. The purpose of the Fund Raisers will be determined by the community on what they want to see in Season 3 that didn’t make the cut by launch. So if you want to see a certain guest character, stage, mode, feature, ect. that didn’t make the cut, make yourself heard. They are actively seeking out the community’s input.
Things that where heavily implied BUT NOT CONFIRMED
- A vampire character and other pop culture tropes will be introduced.
- Appearances by Eyedol and Gargos
- New accessories for all of the old characters
- Multiple Guest Characters
- DLC for costumes and accessories.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018