With Madden NFL 15 coming out in only a few weeks, EA Sports has released the ratings for different players in the game. As a result, we thought we’d give you a quick recap of some of the top players at each position, starting with the incoming rookies.
The highest rated rookie should come to no one’s surprise as he was being hailed the prospect of the last few decades coming out of high school and many thought would have been NFL ready after just one year of college. That player is former DE now turned OLB out of the University of South Carolina Jadeveon Clowney, who was drafted #1 overall by the Houston Texans in May’s draft.
Likely surprising to some, Cleveland Browns QB Johnny Manziel did not even make the top list, with Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles making it ahead of him, just like in the draft. He is certainly talented, but with the bonehead decisions he’s made in the last few years, he will definitely be a wait and see in the league.
The list of top rookies can be found below. In addition, with many not knowing a lot about each of these newcomers, Madden ratings master Donny Moore has given some in depth analysis on each through the EA Sports site, which we have included in the gallery above.
- Jadeveon Clowney – Houston Texans OLB (83 OVR)
- Greg Robinson – St. Louis Rams OL (83 OVR)
- Khalil Mack – Oakland Raiders OLB (81 OVR)
- Jack Matthews – Atlanta Falcons OL (81 OVR)
- Sammy Watkins – Buffalo Bills WR (80 OVR)
- Calvyn Pryor – New York Jets S (79 OVR)
- Aaron Donald – St. Louis Rams DL (79 OVR)
- Haha Clinton Dix – Green Bay Packers S (79 OVR)
- Taylor Lewan – Tennessee Titans OL (79 OVR)
- Blake Bortles – Jacksonville Jaguars QB (78 OVR)
- Darqueze Dennard – Cincinnati Bengals CB (78 OVR)
- Mike Evans – Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR (78 OVR)
- Zack Martin – Dallas Cowboys OL (78 OVR)
In addition, the rookies can be seen in action in the following video released by EA Sports as well.