Minecraft’s latest snapshot release 15w39b has been released and features a fix for frame rate loss that many Minecraft players were experiencing in 1.8. While there are quite a few notable changes made in the latest snapshot, the biggest feature is certainly the improved frame rate — you can find the rest of the bugs and fixes below:
- Made a funny joke in a changelog.
- Minecart/Activator Dismount Location is Inconsistent in Cardinal Directions
- Dismounting does not work to the South, South east, and South west, and is offset in negative quadrants
- Entities become invisible under certain conditions
- Entities become invisible after death & respawn
- Trapdoor placement is awkward
- Acacia Leaves and Black Oak Leaves pick block function links errors
- Shield patterns offset by 1 pixel
- Items lost when shift clicking in full container / inventory
For Minecraft players who are unfamiliar with snapshots, you need to use a new profile and label it snapshots, as well as check the option for enabling experimental development snapshots. You should always backup your main worlds before running snapshots as they can corrupt your Minecraft worlds.