Fans of Pillars Of Eternity will know that Obsidian is dedicated to their community and has announced the introduction of Patch Beta’s that will allow fans to get an early look at content and fixes. Also, they have released the patch notes for yesterday’s patch 1.04.
Anyone who frequents Obsidian’s Pillars Of Eternity forums will know they keep their fans informed. By going to the same link, fans will be able to keep up to date with patch betas which have been outlined in a separate forum post, to instruct players how to manage steam settings for Pillars Of Eternity to gain access to future betas. They outlined a few details in the aforementioned post but more information can be found there.
From now on, we will be allowing folks to play our beta patches on Steam. This has a two-fold benefit:
- Players get new fixes a bit faster and can check out the new changes that will drop in the next patch.
- Developers get access to information about new bugs that may have slipped into the patch. This will reduce the number of hotfixes for future patches.
We will make a formal announcement to the community when we are going to put the latest patch up for beta testing. We are starting this process with the 1.04 patch.
- Right now we are only running this beta on Steam. The reason is that Steam provides a simple way to get folks into the beta. If any players know of any games that ran betas on GOG, please let me know so I can investigate.
- These patches may be unstable. We will be doing work on the patches and they haven’t gone through a full QA cycle so unexpected things can happen. To be safe, I would avoid using any saved games that you do not want to get corrupted. If you do want to use those saved games, it is at your own risk.
- These patches may stay the same over the entire testing period, but that is unlikely. There might be frequent build changes, so expect to have to download multiple builds over a testing period.
Now as for the recently released patch, they have released patch notes to go along with the Pillars Of Eternity 1.04 patch which you can check out below.
Items, Spells, and Abilities
- AOE indicators should now properly resize if the caster has a sub 10 Intellect score.
- Fixed an issue with over-time aura spells not applying the correct value on the final tick.
- Knock Down will now correctly be applied for the full duration of the effect.
- Mantle of The Dying Boar will now trigger at 33% Endurance with the effect of 5 Endurance a tick.
- Talisman of the Unconquerable will now give a 1.25 Focus multiplier instead of .25.
- Blooded should trigger properly in all cases now.
- Boar Animal Companion bonus damage should now work as intended.
- Prone Reduction mod should now work correctly.
Quests and Companions
- Fixed Aloth and Kana speaking when they weren’t in the party in one of the last levels.
- Sagani’s fox-specific banters now require the appropriate items in the player inventory.
- Falanroed’s dialogue no longer displays a script node.
- Durance will now properly discuss your dream with you if you’ve already discussed his staff.
- Relaxed some constraints on Durance’s quest conversation. This allows all characters, regardless of background or stats, to finish his quest.
- Players can now loot the nest in Oldsong.
- Fixed an invalid conditional check in one of Pallegina’s conversations.
- Heritage Hill tower will be fully revealed when exploring the map.
- Fixed spawn issue in a scripted interaction near the end of the game.
- Fixed an invalid creature spawn in the Ogre Lair in Od Nua.
- Sagani no longer references the antagonist by name before you know it.
- A container in the Catacombs of Od Nua will now remember if it was looted.
- The “Master’s Tools” quest will now work if you have the required items before starting the quest.
- The “A Two Story Job” scripted interaction will not require a second grappling hook to climb down from the window if one was already used to climb up.
- Fix for camera movement problems when the game is paused or in a cutscene.
- Fix to retroactively restore party movement in saves that display movement speed problems.
- Made some fixes to movement speed problems that were being reported with some items.
- Optimized Save/Load game system for better performance.
- Optimized how scene transitions are handled for better memory usage on 32-bit machines.This may allow players to transition to new areas without running out of memory.
- Sound Sets from hired companions will now be properly restored when adding them to the party from the stronghold.
- “All Stronghold Upgrades” achievement now checks 25 upgrades instead of 26. This will properly reward the achievement if you already have fully upgraded your stronghold.
- The “Kill All Dragons” achievement will now properly fire if they are killed indirectly (like by a trap). This is a retroactive fix and will be rewarded if the dragons are already dead.
- Fixed issue where store prices were getting exceptionally large after receiving a discount.
- Fixed issues with gaining infinite XP from bad Stronghold data.
- World time will not get very large in some cases after Save/Load.
- Modelling offset with Durance’s head has been adjusted.
- Icon scale is now correct on Hearth Harvest and Reghar Konnek.
- All shaders will now compile properly under DirectX 11.
- Restored all the missing effects in the intro cutscene.
- Removed Blunderbuss item from an early game loot table.
- Changed the cursor type on the blood pool in the Temple of Skaen to conversation.
- Fixed a few save game issues with dead summoned creatures.
- Fixed issue where occasionally a crash would occur when initializing the Steam API.
- Draggable windows are now handled properly when running at very high resolutions.
- Swamp Lurker’s animation wont spaz anymore when the game is paused.
- Fixed an issue to prevent binding mouse buttons to window controls.
- Game will now pause if you alt-tab during a cutscene in full screen mode.
- Audio will now resume properly if the game loses focus.
- Fixed an issue with infinite load screen if you transition while hovering over a container.
- Characters will now wait for their idle animation before trying to reload which fixes an animation sync issue.
- Damaged characters performing AoE attacks will not overload their AI state stacks anymore.
Obsidian seems to be dedicated to their Pillars Of Eternity community and that is not a bad thing at all.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018