Obsidian has relased the Pillars Of Eternity Patch 1.03 notes for fans to check out and it features quite a few additions and fixes to the main game.
The patch notes come via Obsidan’s official forums. Pillars Of Eternity released just last week but patch 1.03 seems to fix a lot of things and add quite a bit. Take a look at some of the ‘Big’ notes and some features of the patch below.
“Big Ticket” Items
- Bears and Cats can now be equipped with hats. This is most likely not a joke… but might be a joke.
- Double-clicking to equip items was causing passive abilities to get removed from the character. This has been fixed and we were able to retroactively fix the problem for people that have already run into the issue. If you open your saved game in the latest patch, your characters will be repaired.
- Fixed a problem where attributes on characters could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The crash in Raedric’s Hold has been fixed.
- Fixed the looping audio sounds that can occur if you play with minimized tooltips.
- Previously Wizard summoned items could persist after the spell’s duration. This has been fixed and it will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount of focus gain. We’ve included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not fix the broken effect on those items, so you’ll need to keep those items unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load to fix your Cipher.
- Added graphics setting to toggle antialiasing levels. This can improve performance on lower end machines when disabled.
- Added pro tips to the Glossary.
- Many new icons for items.
- Added new voice set reactivity for lockpick, poison, enemy spotted in stealth, spell failure, death, immobilized, and completed task.
- Added indicators on the loot screen when looting crafting and quest items.
- Party can now use lockpicks that are in the Stash.
- You can now cast AoEs on party member portraits and the spell will be targeted at the companion’s location.
For a full list of fixes to Pillars Of Eternity, as there are a lot more that address quests, items and much more, check out the Obsidian forums. The patch is now available on Steam and is set to go live on GOG.com later today