Niantic is now in the middle of releasing a new update to Pokemon Go today for both Android and iOS users. The full patch notes have been released for you to read.
Niantic posted that Pokemon Go update version 0.49.1 for Android and 1.19.1 for iOS is now rolling out to all users. Remember to update your app in order to see the changes listed below. Here are the patch notes as listed on the official website.
- Trainers will be able to transfer multiple Pokémon at a time to Professor Willow. To use this function, press and hold on a Pokémon.
- Pokémon type icons have been added to the Gym battle approach and Gym battle screen.
- The total Candy count for your Buddy Pokémon has been added to the buddy information screen.
- The total kilometers a buddy has walked has been added to the information screen of each Pokémon that has ever been your buddy.
- Minor text fixes.
Even though several things have been changed today, many people still want to see the more bigger features that have been teased since the game’s launch.
Many big things might not see the light of day in Pokemon Go until 2017. A lot of people still want to trade unwanted Pokemon with other users. After all, there are sure to be a lot of Pidgeys and Rattatas that they want to get rid of.
There is also talk that generation 2 is headed on its way very soon. This means there might be even more Pokemon for you to catch. Generation 2 might entice more people to come back as many players stopped playing the game after just catching/seeing the same type of Pokemon all of the time.
Niantic is sure to continue improving the game. If you want to see more changes, just make sure to voice your opinion by contacting them via Facebook or Twitter.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018