Attack of the Fanboy
×
News

PS4 Has 70 Percent Market Share In Italy

by Damian Seeto

PS4System00434121-760x428

It looks like the PS4 is the console of choice for people living over in the country of Italy.

As reported by VG247 Italy, Sony revealed some new sales data for that region. Sony’s PS4 console is dominating the current-gen market share.

In Italy, the PS4 has a 70 percent market share when it comes to the current-gen console market. The rest of the 30 percent will include the Xbox One and Wii U. No specifics were given for those consoles, but the PS4 having 70 percent of the market share is massive.

Much like in other countries, the PS4 is selling at a much faster rate in Italy than the PS3. Sony mentioned the PS4 is selling 60 percent faster than the PS3 in Italy. That’s a huge improvement. The PS3 was seen as expensive to gamers back when it first launched. Sony was smart with the PS4 as it had a lower launch price.

Sony Italy also noted PlayStation Plus subscriptions are up by a big margin too. This is an obvious growth as PlayStation Plus is mandatory if you want to play online on your PS4 console.

Microsoft and Nintendo are sure to bring out their big guns later this year. Halo 5: Guardians is out later this year and a new Star Fox game on the Wii U is due out too.

SHARE THIS
Say Something

Check out our Community Guidelines and Comment Policy.