Bethesda has released a new update for their recently released RAGE, on PC. Logging on to Steam will get your download started and some of the launch issues seem to have been remedied. iD has released the full Patch Release Notes on the Bethsoft Forums.
In their official statement:
“RAGE defaults to lower video settings to allow the game to work on a wide variety of hardware and software configurations. Unfortunately, it is not possible to anticipate all possible graphics driver issues in combination with unique end user hardware and software configurations.”
Patch Changes / Fixes
- Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.
- Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.
- Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.
- Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and “anisotropic filter”
- Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
- Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
- Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
- Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
- Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
- Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.
- This article was updated on:December 4th, 2017