The Ubisoft team in charge of Rainbow Six: Siege is taking aggressive steps to battle cheaters. A new update was quickly put together and released to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC version of the multiplayer shooter Wednesday to clamp down on cheating. Meanwhile, a 1.3 update was also released to fix bugs on the PC version with plans to hit consoles next week.
A Rainbow Six: Siege update was deployed to the all versions of the game today that focuses on cheating and an exploit. Cheating countermeasures have received an upgrade while the banning policy has been updated to permanently those caught cheating, even on the first offense.
Ubisoft previously issued a three day ban for first offenders, but that was obviously not enough to dissuade cheaters.
Meanwhile, an exploit which allowed defenders to go outside their zone during the preparation phase is now punished by insta-death.
The Wednesday update is not all about cheating though. Ubisoft squeezed in a performance improvement for hit registration. Rainbow Six: Siege previously that checked player positions 30 times per second. This was recently tested at 60 times per second on the PC and has now been deployed to consoles. This should improve the hit detection greatly.
The updates to Rainbow Six: Siege have come pretty fast and furious since the start of the New Year. The 1.2 update deployed last week to the PC should also be hitting consoles today. Additionally, a 1.3 update for the below fixes is being released to the PC today and is targeting a January 20 release to the PS4 and Xbox One. Finally, a 2.0 update is planned for February 2 to coincide with the release of the first Season Pass DLC.
LEVEL DESIGN FIXES
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum threadif you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues postfor more information.
- Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues postfor full information.
- Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues postfor full information.
- Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
- Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
- Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
- If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.
[Image via Rainbow Six: Siege]
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018