Rogue Legacy will hit all current Playstation platforms on July 29th. Even more importantly it will have cross buy and cross save functionality. This allows you to buy the game once and play it on PS3, PS4, and PS Vita all at the same time without losing any progress. This is the first console release for the popular rogue-lite game, and it seems that it will remain exclusive to Sony systems for the foreseeable future.
Rogue Legacy comes to PS3, PS4, and PS Vita with cross buy/save on July 29th
Rogue Legacy, as described by the Playstation blog, is “a rogue-lite game where you must conquer a magical castle which is constantly changing. Every time you die, your children succeed you. Each child has his or her own unique genetic traits, so one child might be a near sighted wizard, and another could be a flatulent ninja. So every play through is unique, right from the get-go.”
Progression in the game is based around money earned while exploring the castle. Any money collected before your inevitable death is passed down to your children, giving your next playthrough a nice bonus. That extra money is definitely needed too, since Rogue Legacy is a notoriously difficult game, much like other rogue-like and rogue-lite titles. We loved the PC version back in 2013, so if you’re interested in getting this release be sure to check out our review.
All of the features coming to the Playstation releases are:
- Cross Buy! — Do you want the awesome portable-ness of Vita? Or do you want the epic big screen experience of PS4/PS3? Don’t worry, you won’t have to make that choice because we’ll just give it all to you!
- Cross Save! — Going out? Play on the Vita, and when you get home, your save will be brought over to your PS4/PS3 via cloud magic!
- 101% Content! — Every single feature in the PC version, including all of the content patches, has been faithfully brought over to the Playstation versions. So you get all the extra Bonus zones, traits, and boss remixes jam packed into those sweet little bytes, along with just a little bit more. But only just a little.
- Multi-lingual! — Rogue Legacy’s been translated into a whole BUNCH of languages for you guys. We’ve got English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish. :D
- PS Vita Control Scheme Bliss! — When we originally made Rogue Legacy, we made it with the PS Vita buttons in mind. No joke. We gambled that if it did well, we wouldn’t want the Vita version being nerfed in the control department, so we made sure to not use too many buttons. That crazy gamble we made over a year ago paid off, and that means the Vita version plays perfectly! Happiness!
- Platinum Trophy! — Aw yiss! Platinum awesome-ness! Thanks, PlayStation!
Rogue Legacy makes its console debut exclusively on PS3, PS4, and PS Vita on July 29th.