Image & Form games has announced today the release of the upcoming SteamWorld Dig 2 on PS4 and PSVita on September 27th. That means that the game will become multiplaform only a week after its release on Nintendo Switch, for which was announced as a timed exclusive. The company has confirmed that the game will have cross-buy functionality, so the purchase of one of the PS4 or PSVita versions will automatically grant users with the other one for free.
SteamWorld Dig 2 is a 2D action game in style of other metroidvania titles, which revolves around mining and the threats of the world underneath. This sequel is focused on the character of Dorothy, a steam-driven robot who also appeared on the first game. Dorothy uses her pickaxe to create paths through the underworld and collect resources and items with different functions. Compared with the original entry, SteamWorld Dig 2 focuses more on platforming levels and action gameplay.
SteamWorld Dig 2 releases digitally on Nintendo Switch on September 21st, and on PS4 and PSVita on September 27th. The game has also been confirmed to launch on Steam at some point later. Check out the PlayStation trailer below.
SteamWorld Dig 2 – Gameplay Trailer | PS4
- Will Xbox One Beat PlayStation 4 This Holiday Season?
- Why Is The PlayStation 4 Consistently Dominating The Xbox One In Sales?
- Xbox Founder Believes Xbox One Won’t Catch Up To PS4
- PlayStation 4 Beats Xbox One In September, Nearly Triples August Sales
- Will Xbox One Finally Dethrone PS4 Behind Strong Holiday Lineup And Price Cut?
- Something special coming for GTA 5 PS4
- PS4 Will Outsell Xbox One This Holiday Claims Industry Analyst
- Xbox Co-Creator Hoping Sony Agrees To Allow PlayStation 4 And Xbox One Cross-Platform Play
- PlayStation 4 Sales Now Exceed 20 Million Globally
- PSN Still Down, Feel Bad For Those That Already Owned A PlayStation 4