SteamWorld Dig, the massively successful platform/mining/adventure game created by independent developer Image & Form is coming to the Wii U this month. Initially released via the Nintendo eShop for the 3DS in November 2013, it made its way to Windows/Mac/Linux via Steam and finally hit the PS4 and Vita back in March this year.
Received with critical acclaim, SteamWorld Dig is a 2D platform game that sees players take the role of Eastwood-esque robot protagonist Rusty, who’s on a mission to save a mining town. The plot thickens as he digs deeper into an underground full of terror and treasures, naturally engaging our human curiosity and sense of adventure. The game consists of traditional platforming elements like running, jumping and fighting enemies but the focus is on mining, as one would gather from the name. Of course, this won’t be a surprise to you if you have played it previously on a different platform.
On the Nintendo Wii U, SteamWorld Dig is getting the full treatment –
- HD Graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution 1080p graphics
- Eye Candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
- Customizable screen interface and controls
- Languages : English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
- Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U Gamepad
- Off-TV play. Continue digging on the Wii U Gamepad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
- Support for Wii U Pro Controller
- A hidden Easter Egg!
SteamWorld Dig will be available for the Wii U on August 28th, 2014 for 9.99 US Dollars/8.99 Euros/6.99 Pounds.