With the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U just a little more than a week and a half away, most of the cats are about out of the bag. It seemed like we had seen most everything that we would see prior to release, courtesy of the major “50-Fact Extravaganza” a couple weeks ago. However, Masahiro Sakurai is still using his daily Miiverse updates to give us new stages and he has revealed two brand new stages for the Wii U version.
The first stage comes from a Wii U game that will not be out until early 2015, but we will get a glimpse of the environment courtesy of the Yoshi’s Woolly World Stage.
- Pic of the day. Here’s something we didn’t even announce in “Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza”(“ Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”)–a stage from Yoshi’s Woolly World. This stage was added and developed quite near the end of development. The surfaces are soft and cushiony.
- The mobiles are placed in different locations depending on the situation, and they tilt according to weight distribution. The stage also gets rearranged, so the ground may disappear temporarily during a remodel.
On top of this stage, we are getting another that is similar to the Pilotwings stage, but visits many more locations.
- Pic of the day. Here’s a new stage, Wuhu Island. Flying around Wuhu Island may remind you of the Pilot Wings stage, but this time we tour famous locations on the island.
- For example, here’s the starting line of a power-cruising race. You may also find yourself at a mountain summit, in front of a fountain, on a suspension bridge, in a fighting arena, or riding on a boat. The stage really feels like a resort vacation.
- I’ve been so busy with developing this game that I dreamed about tropical islands every time I saw this stage. …Beaches in the summer are great, aren’t they?