It looks like according to some leaked images and screen captures that the suspend feature fans have wanted for quite some time will finally be implemented on PlayStation 4 in firmware update 2.50.
If everything pans out and the beta goes as planned it would mean that the Playstation 4 will be able to go into sleep mode without closing any programs just as the Xbox One currently is able to do. This news comes via cnpalmer75 on Twitter who uploaded the image above. It was later supported by Wario64’s screen capture of a NeoGaf post showing that PlayStation MVP’s are being invited to the firmware 2.50 beta. Other Twitter users have uploaded images of the beta further confirming that the feature is infact coming. The image above reads under ‘Main features’ header;
“The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] >[Set Functions Available In Rest Mode].”
The feature is one that many users hope to utilize soon and it is good to see PlayStation taking extra care with the feature to test it first on PlayStation 4 in beta format than to just release it with bugs. It does look like more features are planned to be added to PlayStation 4 with 2.50 such as the ability to finally delete games with trophies at 0%, search trophy details on the internet, and Share Play is being raised to 60 FPS. No word on when the firmware update will be available to the public.
- The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
- [Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.
- You an now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.
- [Earned Date], [Not Earned], and [Grade] have been added as sorting options for trophies. You can also sort by [Earned Date] and [Not Earned] options when comparing trophies with other players.
- You can now search the Internet for details about trophies from the options menu in [Trophies].
- Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically. You can view saved screenshots in [Capture Gallery].
- You can now share trophy details and screenshots. Select the trophy you want to share details about in [Trophy], and then press the Share button.
- You can now test the host’s connection speed when starting Share Play.
- You can now enjoy Share Play at 60 fps. A host in a party can adjust the setting in [Party Settings] > [Video Quality for Share Play] > [Frame Rate].
- A user who is running version 2.50 or earlier on their system cannot use Share Play with someone who is running version 2.50 beta on their system. Users who are both running system software version 2.50 beta can enjoy Share Play.
- Users who are your Facebook friends can now be displayed in [Players You May Know].
- You can now send real name requests in addition to Friend requests to users who are currently not on your Friends list.
- You can now apply a shadow style for text in [Themes].
- You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction.
- If you enter 22 characters or more for your self-introduction, only 21 characters will be displayed on a PS4 system running system software version earlier than 2.50.
- You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.
- [Discover] has been added to introduce users to PS4 system features. You can view information about features in [Notifications] > [Discover].
- Remote Play cannot be used with a PS Vita system running version 3.35. A system software update for the PS Vita (to be released later) is required.