Naughty Dog has updated Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End with a host of new content, including the anticipated ‘Survival Mode.’ Alongside the new mode, Uncharted 4 players will get two new multiplayer maps, classic weapons, a beta playlist mode, new customization options, and challenges.
Survival Mode is a new cooperative mode where a group of players can team-up to take on a horde-type mode that has you taking on 50 waves of increasingly difficult enemies. Thrown into the mode are different objectives, modifiers, and boss battles. Survival mode can be played either online with friends, or offline by your lonesome.
Alongside Survival this is what else you’ll find in this latest patch for Uncharted 4:
- New Maps: Train Wreck (from Uncharted 2) and Prison
- Returning Classic Weapons: M4 Assault Rifle, PAK-80 Light Machine Gun, Micro 9mm Automatic Pistol, Para 9 Pistol, and the Desert 5 Pistol (Heavy Weapon)
- New Beta Test Playlist Mode: King of the Hill – teams to compete to retain control of a single Hill and earn Victory Points. Respawning restricted when your team controls the Hill
- New Character Skins: 48 new character skins, including new Biker-themed skins
- New Color Customization: Customize any character skin with 25 unique color variants
- New Multiplayer Levels and Rewards: Max rank increased to Level 90 with two new vanity unlocks
- New Challenges: Earn Relics with new Challenges for Multiplayer and Survival
Naughty Dog also says that they are fine-tuning the economy of Uncharted 4 multiplayer. This update will reduce the cost of in-game chests for quicker unlocks. You can check out the full patch notes for Uncharted 4 patch 1.18.048 here.