Nintendo has reported on its latest financial results today and the company gave an update to the lifetime sales for both the Wii U and 3DS consoles.
The Wii U continues to sell at a very slow pace, but lifetime sales are now at 13.02 million units. This number is quite low when compared to other systems that Nintendo has released over the last 30 years.
Software sales for the Wii U are at 88.72 million units. Sales for Wii U hardware and software have decreased compared to last year. This is due to the lack of new games coming out plus the imminent release of the NX console next year.
Things are better for the Nintendo 3DS console as lifetime hardware sales are now at 59.79 million units. Software sales are at 282.65 million units. Things might even get better for the 3DS with the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon in November.
With Pokemon Go being the most popular thing this year, this might encourage people to play Pokemon Sun and Moon. Nintendo also announced in its report that the Nintendo NX is still scheduled to be out in March 2017.
- Xbox One predicted to have made up ground on PS4 in August sales, Wii U sales jump
- NPD: Sony back on top with PlayStation 4 sales in January
- Analyst Predicts Lifetime Sales For PS4, Xbox One And Wii U
- Gamers Choose PS4 Over Xbox One Because Of Resolution, While Wii U Adds Fun Factor
- Minecraft Creator Mocks The Nintendo Wii U Console