Microsoft chose to have a little bit of a hiatus over the holidays when it comes to Xbox One dashboard updates, but just like last February, Microsoft had another update ready to go for us that has been available for preview members for awhile. After less than a week into the new month, the February dashboard update for Xbox One is now live.
This latest update kicks off the new year the right way, with plenty of new content, including party chat improvements, custom backgrounds, and most notably the addition of Game Hubs. The rundown of the new features are as follows, with even more details at Xbox Wire.
- Controller improvements – We’re excited to improve stability and speed on the Xbox One controller.
- Game hubs – These are the go-to centers for interesting content, tips and tricks for your favorite titles. Every Xbox One game will have a game hub where you can see which friends are playing the game, compete with your friends in game leaderboards, dive into the coolest game clips and game broadcasts, and follow the game’s top broadcasters and clip creators.
- Party chat updates – We made several changes to party chat in recent weeks, including chat connection status, improved connectivity between multiple participants with Strict or Moderate NATs, game and party invitations, and a number of other performance improvements.
- Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – We’ve added tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible.
- TV updates – A number of updates to the live TV experience are available today and new features have been added to additional countries.
For an even more in-depth look at the February update, check out the video below:
- This article was updated on:March 7th, 2018