The popular Roguelike twin stick shooter The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth has finally arrived to iOS devices. Masochistic Apple users can now enjoy the brutal difficulty of the Isaac games on their phones and tablets.
This is especially good news since the mobile port of the game had some early hiccups when Apple initially rejected the game from the App Store for having depictions of violence against children. It’s not exactly known what developer Nicalis had to do to get Apple to approve the game given that there’s no skirting around the fact that Isaac is a kid fighting for his life, but they managed to do it somehow and it’s available on the App Store today for $14.99.
According to the game’s official Tumblr page, the iOS version of the game will be a universal binary which means you only need to buy it once to play it on both your iPhone and iPad. It will also have iCloud save support allowing you to transfer your progress across devices as well as Bluetooth controller support.
In addition to what they’ve mentioned in their blog, the App Store description lists the game as having the following features:
- Over 500 hours of gameplay
- 4 BILLION Seeded runs!
- 20 Challenge runs
- 450+ items, including 160 new unlockables
- Integrated controller support for popular control pads!
- Analog directional movement and speed
- Tons of feature film quality animated endings
- Over 100 specialized seeds
- 2-Player local co-op (MFi Controller required)
- Over 100 co-op characters
- Dynamic lighting, visual effects and art direction
- All-new game engine @60FPS 24/7
- All-new soundtrack and sound design
- Multiple Save slots
- Poop physics!
- The ultimate roguelike
- A bunch of achievements
Uber secrets including:
- 10 Playable Characters
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- Over 50 bosses, including tons of new and rare bosses
- Rooms FULL OF POOP!
- Mystic Runes
- Upgradeable shops
It’s good to see the company retain their sense of humor despite how difficult it must have been to get this game on the App Store.
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is available now on the iOS for $14.99. Those looking to play it on a different platform can also get the game for Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and Wii U, so you have a lot of versions to choose from if the iOS one isn’t for you.