Title Update 1.4.0 is nearly here for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and this update is shaping up to be one of the best yet for Ubisoft’s Viking adventure. Players first stepped into the boots of Viking/Assassin Eivor last fall, and Ubisoft has continued to support the game even a full year after launch.
Previous Title Updates have included support for new settlement festivals and added faraway new lands, and this update is no different. While it’s not the most extensive patch, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Title Update 1.4.0 brings the Oskoeria Festival to the game, allowing players to take on new quests and activities in the Ravensthorpe settlement. It also adds new Tombs of the Fallen, which are puzzle-focused tombs that can be found across England.
On top of those major features, there are also several bug fixes, new skills, and much more. Here’s everything new with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Title Update 1.4.0.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Title Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes
On PlayStation 4, this update is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla version 5.00. On PlayStation 5, this is version 1.040.000.
- Xbox Series X|S: 25 GB
- Xbox One: 20 GB
- PlayStation 5: 6.75 GB
- PlayStation 4: 4.55 GB
- PC: 20.31 GB
Tombs of the Fallen
Added four new Tombs of the Fallen to the game.
- Four puzzle-focused tombs are waiting to be uncovered across England. *Did someone say Odin Rune?*
- Unlock two new trophies/achievements upon completing one or three Tombs of the Fallen, respectively.
- Access requirements: This content is available upon unlocking the settlement through the main storyline.
Oskoreia Festival – Odin’s Wild Hunt
Added in-game support for the Oskoreia Festival to the game.
- Available from November 11 through December 2
- New quests and activities, including horseback riding and a tournament against spirits
- New spooky rewards
- Access requirements: Players must reach England and complete one of the first two narrative arcs (Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire) and have a settlement at Level 2 to participate in the Oskoreia Festival.
- Perfect Parry: Parry LB / L1 / Q in the nick of time to deal additional damage to the attacker.
- Master Counter Roll: Adds a Hidden Blade strike while executing a Counter Roll.
- Improved Bow Stun Finisher: Initiating the Bow Stun Finisher will now shoot arrows at all stunned enemies in view.
Main Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- Unable to interact with AxeHead.
- Unable to escort convey in quest “Old Friends,” marker did not move.
- Cavalier/Heavy Cavalry stopped fighting when the player was mounted on a Horse and was further away.
- Basim and Sigurd didn’t follow the player in Brewing Rebellion.
- Quest NPC could be beneath the world in The Thegn of Lincoln.
- Cordial Invitation couldn’t be started due to a dead NPC.
- Orwig Neverdeath didn’t spawn in Hordafylke.
- Couldn’t interact with NPC during Edmund’s Arrow world event.
- Couldn’t defeat boss in Binding Fate due to them spawning underground.
- “New Avenge Quest” celebration repeatedly appeared on the screen when looting or interacting with objects near the avenge corpse without picking up the quest.
- Unable to pick up Arc of Elan in the longhouse.
- “Exploration Area” did not disappear when tracking another quest.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Quest objective didn’t update in A Barter for Peace.
- River Raids – Removed fish to balance ration availability.
- Wrath of the Druids – Unable to interact with letter in Flann Sinna’s tent during Courting the Kings quest.
- BattleCry didn’t affect alpha animals during fights.
- Missing vibration or haptic feedback on PS5 after version 1.3.2.
- Level 2 Axe Fury did not receive intended ability modifiers.
- Numerous NPC behavior issues.
- Weapon perks not activating correctly or activating outside of their intended conditions.
- Numerous clipping issues.
- Some 1H swords could cost more to upgrade than others.
- Animals didn’t go into the stunned stance emptying their defence bar with melee attacks.
- Fish could be seen teleporting when fishing under certain conditions.
- Helmets could still be displayed during some cutscenes, even when not intended.
- Eivor was unable to perform a forward roll when jumping from a height using M&K.
- Players can now toggle walk/run state during auto movement.
- Numerous Menu Narration issues.
- Numerous UI/HUD issues.
- Constant New Quest alert since Title Update 1.3.1.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – The Playtime in Discovery Tour is displayed as 0hrs in game menu.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Discovery Sites and Behind the Scenes pop-up is present during the intro cinematic in Seaworthy.
- Level scaling options did not show the correct values for the River Raid section in the quest log.
Graphics, Animation, and Audio
- Numerous graphics, texture, animation, or lighting issues.
- Numerous Colorblind mode issues.
- Improvements to some raven textures.
- Instances of misplaced or floating objects or textures.
- Instances where Eivor, NPCs, or the longship would get stuck.
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance and stability.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Google Stadia, and Amazon Luna.