Update 5.00 has arrived for Dirt 5 here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
On July 20th, 2021, a new update will be released for Dirt 5 for a majority of platforms. The platforms getting the new 5.00 update are PlayStation, Xbox and PC devices. The same update will be released at a later date if you are playing the Google Stadia version.
Unlike the usual bug fixes, update 5.00 is the biggest patch released for the game to date. New content will be available for free including new cars, new tracks and other new events too. Some other technical changes have also been made to the game as well. Update 5.01 will also be deployed, although this is a smaller patch to address technical issues.
Anyway, you can read the full patch notes posted down below.
Dirt 5 Update 5.00 Patch Notes
CONTENT AND FEATURES
- Super Size Content Pack: Four new cars with multiple liveries (Bentley Continental GT Ice Race Car, Rezvani Tank, Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport Baja Concept, Armada Rock Racer), 27 Career events, two Career Sponsors (Toblerone, Power Maxed), additional customisation items*
- Parts Unknown Playgrounds Update: New set of space-themed items in Create mode and new location: Papoose Lake
- Two Brazil tracks added – Sao Conrado and Rio Seafront – with additional reverse variants
- Iconic liveries added for five cars: Citroen C3 R5, BMW M2 Competition, Porsche Cayenne Transsyberia, Fiat Abarth 124 Rally, Ford F-150 Raptor Prerunner by Deberti Design
- Playgrounds: Weekly Challenges and Creator Rewards added
- PS5: Further haptics and adaptive trigger support added
- Online: Public playlists for both Race and Party modes updated with new events
- PS4/5: Implemented ability to carry all account save progress between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- PS5: Added user control of rumble intensity through DualSense controller
- 40 additional player Levels added, bringing the maximum possible player Level to 200, with an unlockable item when reaching Level 200
- 12 community-taken Photo Mode shots added into the game as loading screens
- Photo Mode: Fix for instances of points of interest being blurry when far away, such as the Milky Way in Arizona
- When using a wheel, Input Settings now disable the ‘Trigger Feedback’ slider
- Further fixes for instances of ‘Spare Some Change for Gas?’ Achievement/Trophy not unlocking at the correct time.
- Fix implemented for the Ghosts setup and display when the player sets the fastest global time
- Removed options for user input whilst loading into a private lobby, which can cause players to move to an empty lobby
- General performance and technical updates across the board to improve game performance and quality of life
If you want to see more patch notes, you can head on over to the official website. Dirt 5 is out now for the PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Google Stadia platforms.