The second part of Genshin Impact‘s current version 2.2 is only a few days away, and as it is customary, new leaks regarding its second banner surfaced. We will now tell you everything you need to know about the second banner of Genshin Impact’s version 2.2, which is set to bring the first Hu Tao rerun since her debut in version 1.3.
Genshin Impact 2.2 Hu Tao Banner Characters
As we said above, Hu Tao will be the star of the second banner of version 2.2, her banner will also feature, according to leaker DareScarlet, Sayu, Diona, and the playable debut of 4-star Pyro Polearm user Thoma. Sayu is an Anemo Support focused on enabling reactions and healing, Diona is a Cryo Support focused on dealing elemental damage, enabling reactions, and healing efficiently. Thoma, on the other hand, will be, according to leaks, a Pyro Support focused on dealing high Pyro damage and on shielding his party.
Together with Hu Tao, her featured weapon, the Staff of Homa, is also making a return to the game, as the main star of its featured banner. The weapon banner will, according to leaker DareScarlet, feature not only the return of the Polearm but also the 5-star bow Elegy for the End and the 4-star weapons, Wavebreaker’s Fin, Mouun’s Moon, Sacrificial Sword, Widsith, and Rainslasher. You can check out the overview of each one of the weapons featured on the upcoming banner below so that you know exactly what you may get if you decide to pull on for Hu Tao’s featured Polearm.
- Staff of Homa: Considered as one of the best polearms in the game, the Staff of Homa possesses a CRIT DMG substat and increases its wielder’s HP by 20% while also increasing their attack by 0.8% of their max health at 100% HP and by 1% at -50%. If you have the recourses, it’s the best weapon in the game for Hu Tao, as well as for Zhongli.
- Elegy for the End: A weapon focused on increasing both Elemental Mastery and Energy Recharge. Ideal for Supports such as Venti and a great alternative for Kujou Sara.
- Wavebreaker’s Fin: According to leaks, the polearm will be focused on increasing its wearer’s Elemental Burst damage by the total Energy Recharge of its party. Has an ATK% substat and will debut on the banner.
- Mouun’s Moon: According to leaks, the bow will have the same substat and effect as the Wavebreaker’s Fin polearm. Will also debut on the banner. A good pick for Kujou Sara.
- Widsith: One of the best 4-star weapons for Catalyst wielders, thanks to its Crit DMG substat and its effect, capable of boosting ATK, Elemental Mastery, or Elemental DMG.
- Rainslasher: A weapon capable of boosting Elemental Mastery while also boosting the damage dealt to enemies affected by Electro and Hydro by 20%. Can be a good alternative for a Burst support Beidou build.
Genshin Impact 2.2 Hu Tao Banner Release Date
Hu Tao’s rerun banner is set to debut on November 2nd, 2021, and will be available until November 23, 2021. This means that you will have 21 whole days to try to pull for the 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Remember, you can reach pity after making 75-90 wishes in total on character-focused wish banners. The same can be applied to the focused weapon banners. It is unknown if the second chapter of Hu Tao’s Story Quest ”Papilio Charontis Chapter” will debut together with the banner, but it is possible.
Should You Pull for Hu Tao?
Hu Tao is considered as one of the best DPS’ in the game, together with 5-star Cryo Archer Ganyu and 5-Star Cryo Claymore Eula. She is also the game’s best Pyro DPS by a landslide. Hu Tao is capable of dealing massive damage by herself, but she truly shines when paired with reaction enablers such as Xingqiu, Barbara, Diona, Kaeya, among many others, since they allow her to trigger the game’s most damaging reactions, Melt (Cryo + Pyro), and Vaporize (Hydro + Pyro). Overall, Hu Tao is a must for any elemental-focused composition, and we recommend pulling for her even if you already have a Pyro DPS. If you already have her and her featured weapon, pulling for her first constellation is also recommended since it allows you to span charged attacks in sequence without losing stamina.
It is good to remember that together with each banner, the game’s Spiral Abyss also changes, so make sure that you get all the available Primogems before the reset happens at the end of this month. For those currently counting their resources, it is also good to keep in mind that the game’s version 2.3 will be released on November 24th, featuring both an Albedo rerun and the debut of the game’s new 5-star Geo Claymore user Arataki Itto. The new version will also bring two new bosses to the game.
Genshin Impact is currently available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, mobile devices, and PC.