A new update for Madden NFL 22 has arrived, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The September 23 patch for Madden 22 focuses on changes for Cover 3, which is one of the most popular coverage types among Madden players according to EA. This is just the first step in improving coverage in Madden 22, and future updates will include improvements to Flats and Curl-Flat zones among other things. Here’s everything new with the September 23 update for Madden NFL 22.
Madden 22 September 23 Update Patch Notes
- Addressed an issue with class progression when player lock is on in Face of the Franchise
- Resolved an issue with flipped play art when base aligning and choosing a new play
- Tuning to Outside Cover 3 Deep Zones giving up too much space vs Corner routes with no other vertical receiving threat in their area
- Tuning to Cover 3 Deep Zones vs Bunch Flood concepts
- Tuning to Outside Cover 3 Deep Zones to better anticipate threats coming from across the field with no other threats to their zone
DEV NOTE: The Gameplay portion of this Title Update is focused on Cover 3, one of the most popular coverage types among players, and aims to address the top pass coverage points of feedback from players. As we discussed on Good Morning Madden, we are targeting specific aspects of pass coverage like Flats and Curl-Flat zones in our next Title Update among many other updates to Madden NFL 22 overall.
We weren’t too happy with Madden NFL 22, awarding it 2.5/5 stars in our review. We said “All in all, Madden NFL 22 is ultimately disappointing. Even after all these years, it still feels like EA is coasting on its exclusive rights to NFL simulation football.” This update seems like a step in the right direction, but the game still has a long way to go before fans will be fully satisfied with the title.
More updates are coming for Madden 22, including an overhaul to the Franchise scouting system. This update was initially supposed to launch sometime in September, but the month is nearly over and the patch is nowhere to be seen.
Madden NFL 22 is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
- This article was updated on November 9th, 2021