Update 1.07 has arrived today, November 2, for Psychonauts 2, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This patch adds a handful of new features and fixes a wide array of bugs. Most notably, this update adds checkmarks to the location selection menu to indicate if you’ve found all collectibles in a level, and a bonus Psychoseismometer is unlocked in Otto’s lab to allow players to unlock enemy achievements during the post-game. This patch also improves touch controls for those playing Psychonauts 2 via xCloud streaming. Here’s everything new with Psychonauts 2 update 1.07.
Psychonauts 2 Update 1.07 Patch Notes
- Bonus Psychoseismometer unlocked in Otto’s lab after finishing Gisu’s quest, making it possible to unlock enemy achievements during post-game state.
- Check marks appear in location selection menus to indicate if all collectibles in a location have been found.
- Otto-Spot photo filter to show collectibles in the Otto-Shot photo mode.
Show all available figments in the figment viewer menu even if you haven’t found them yet.
- General stability improvements for all platforms.
- Improve environmental collision to prevent player and objects rarely falling through walls and floors.
- Fix issues related to fall death and water curse, and preventing them from being broken if interrupted by a cutscene.
- Fix duplicate characters and stray animation appearing in some cutscenes.
- Fix issue that could cause flickering around objects submerged in water.
- Improve save checkpoints to prevent the player’s save data getting into a bad state.
- Improve photo mode stability.
- Expand the mental health advisory message.
- HUD improvements to prevent extra health brains from appearing.
- Improve PS4 version’s resolution and stability on PS5.
- Pause PC version when controller is unplugged.
- Standardize PC controls between cutscenes and dialogue trees.
- Improve xCloud streaming touch controls.
We loved Psychonauts 2, awarding it a score of 4.5/5 stars in our review. We praised the writing and art style, saying “Anyone who has missed out on this series before can either jump right into this new adventure or use it as an excuse to check out what all the hype has been about these past 16 years. Either way, they’ll find a fun and unique platformer that is full of charm and hilarious, but also heartwarming writing.” If you haven’t checked the game out yet on Xbox Game Pass, now is a great time to do so.
Psychonauts 2 is available for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. For more information regarding this patch, visit the Psychonauts 2 Steam page.