Update 1.03 is nearly here for Rust Console Edition, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The first major post-launch patch for Rust Console Edition arrived just in time for the full release, fixing a handful of early access bugs that some players were running into. The launch period has not been as smooth as it could be, however, and there are still quite a few issues plaguing the game at the moment. The latest patch aims to fix some of the more urgent problems with the game, so the experience should be a bit more stable once it’s installed. Here’s everything new with Rust Console Edition update 1.03.
Rust Console Edition Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- Fixed random freezing on Xbox consoles
- We’ve resolved an issue with the Xbox renderer that was causing consoles to temporarily lock up for 4-5 seconds, resulting in a rather unfair death and/or being kicked from the server.
- Fixed high frequency crash when navigating the crafting menu
- A UI bug causing a common crash was fixed.
- Fixed high frequency crash when mining ore
- A sound system bug causing a common crash was fixed.
- Fixed ladders that could not be climbed
- A bug in the world generation resulted in the collision of some ladders to become skewed, causing piles of bodies to accumulate at the bottom of the hole in Oxum’s. This has been resolved.
- Fixed team system rejoining bug
- We’ve fixed a bug causing players to be unable to rejoin their team after logging out.
- Fixed missing torch and rock on spawn
- Occasionally your rock and torch may have been missing when respawning. Sorry about that!
- Fixed spawn point distribution
- You may have experienced some mild deja vu when respawning. We’ve fixed the distribution, so spawn points should now be a little more spread out around the map.
- Missing skins for Deluxe/Ultimate Editions
- There was a problem with the skins rollout for players who purchased the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition packs, which is now fixed. There are still some known problems with skins to be addressed in patch 1.04, and it would be unfair to allow more money to be spent on skins until these issues have been resolved, so we’ve left the skin store closed until then.
- Fixed voice chat for some Xbox headsets
- A subset of Xbox headsets were not working properly, we’ve made some improvements to our voice system to detect these correctly.
The update is still currently being worked on, but it should become available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in the near future. This patch fixes the random 5 second freeze that some players have been encountering while playing the game. This bug has understandably been frustrating, so it’s nice to see a fix for it. Skin problems will also be addressed in this patch, so there shouldn’t be invisible skins anymore and deluxe/ultimate edition owners will be able to see their special skins after installing this update.
Some other major issues have been ruining the experience for new players, but these issues will be resolved with this update. The bug that causes new players to spawn naked without a rock or torch will be addressed with patch 1.03. Ladders will work as intended as well, preventing players from getting stuck in places like the gas station. There will also be other miscellaneous improvements like fixes for the Team system and adjustments to spawn point distribution and monument generation. Update 1.03 is shaping up to be a pretty great patch, and it will be out sometime soon for Rust Console Edition players.
Rust is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. For more information regarding this update, visit the official Rust Console Edition status page.
- This article was updated on:June 18th, 2021