The much anticipated Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is finally here and with it comes one of my absolute favorite parts of the game, unlocking new fighters. You can just keep playing and eventually you will unlock them all through set numbers of matches, but most also have an alternate and often much quicker way to unlock them. In fact, if you played 120 matches in the game, you will have the opportunity to unlock every character along the way. However, for those looking to find out the other ways to unlock, this is just the place for you.
Naturally, there will be spoilers of who they are, so if you do not want to know, just play a lot of matches and you’ll eventually get them. There appears to be multiple ways to unlock the same character that are still being discovered, but so far these have been found to unlock the hidden fighters. Without further ado, here are the ways to unlock the 12 secret characters in the game.
- Bowser Jr. – Play 100 Smash Mode matches OR Beat Classic Mode with Bowser on 7.0 Intensity
- Dark Pit – Play 50 Smash Mode matches OR Beat Classic Mode With Palutena
- Dr. Mario – Play 60 Smash Mode matches
- Duck Hunt – Play 110 Smash Mode matches
- Falco – Play 20 Smash Mode matches OR Beat Classic Mode one time
- Ganondorf – Play 80 Smash Mode matches
- Jigglypuff – Play 120 Smash Mode matches OR Beat Classic Mode On 7.0 Intensity
- Lucina – Play 40 Smash Mode matches OR Beat Classic Mode with Marth on Standard difficulty setting with no continues
- Mr. Game & Watch – Play 90 Smash Mode matches
- Ness – Play 10 Smash Mode matches OR Beat Classic Mode Twice
- R.O.B. – Play 70 Smash Mode matches
- Wario – Play 30 Smash Mode matches OR Beat 100-Man Smash
As more unlock methods are found, we will be sure to update them here. Make sure to also let us know if you’ve found one of your own as well!
- This article was updated on:April 17th, 2017