Celebrating with your mother should be the second priority, second only to boosting your Wordle Score on this Mother’s Day holiday. All jokes aside here are some hints and the answer for today’s Wordle (May 8, 2022).
Hints for Wordle May 8
Here are some hints to get you started:
- The word is an adverb
- An adverb is a word or phrase that modifies or qualifies an adjective, verb, or other adverb
- This word expresses a relation of manner
- There are repeating letters
- Alternatives for the word are: clever or shrewd
Today’s Wordle 322 Answer
The answer to the May 8 Wordle is CANNY.
How does Wordle Work?
Wordle is a word guessing game where you have six attempts to guess the correct word of the day. When you enter the first word, you are given some clues by deduction. You’re given three colors of boxes to highlight each letter of the word you guessed.
- Green indicates the letter exists in the daily word and it’s in the correct position.
- A yellow box means you guessed the correct letter, but it is not in the correct position relative to the actual answer.
- A grey box means that letter does not exist in the word.
The best way to start off a Wordle puzzle is to use vowel-heavy words like AUDIO, ADIEU, or PIOUS. From there, you can use words that contain the rest of the vowels and other unused letters.
Ideally, you want to work around green letters. Since you know the position of a letter in green, you can use that to your advantage to construct other words just to rule out additional letters. This also works in your favor if you are trying to find out the positioning of yellow letters.
Finally, you shouldn’t try to look for repeating letters until your last three tries. Unless you’re absolutely certain, go ahead. Those are usually the streak killers.