One Piece is finally getting hype, and fans were left wondering what would happen to Garp while unanimously hating on Koby for his Honesty Impact move that destroyed Pizzaro’s big hand. Unfortunately, we are on another break, but this time it is due to Eiichiro Oda’s regular break (nothing to do with his eyes). In addition, in Chapter 1089, we will finally see the Straw Hat Pirates on Egghead Island for the first time since Chapter 1079. Because of this, we don’t blame you if you want to look for One Piece Chapter 1089 spoilers, which we are happy to provide! Here’s everything you need to know about One Piece Chapter 1089.
One Piece Chapter 1089 Spoilers
One Piece 1089 spoilers have been released:
- Chapter 1089: “Barricading Incident”
- Reader request in the cover: A cow waiter on two legs brings Nami a love letter from Sanji (this is hiding outside).
- The chapter starts at Foosha Village. Woop Slap is reading about Garp in the newspaper. Woop Slap trusts that Garp will be fine. Makino’s son is laughing at Luffy’s photo in the newspaper (it’s a standard Luffy photo, not Gear 5). Makino talks with her son.
- Makino: “You’ve grown to like Luffy-onichan, right?”
- Cut to Mt. Colubo, to Dadan Family’s base. We see Dadan’s reaction to the news in the newspaper. She’s asking in tears what Garp and Luffy are up to.
- Suddenly, a colossal earthquake starts. It’s taking place six days after Lulusia Kingdom’s destruction. There is a massive hole in the middle of the sea, at the place that was once Lulusia Kingdom (just like the hole beneath Enies Lobby).
- We then cut to people all over the world feeling the earthquake. We can see:
- -Momonosuke in “Wanokuni”
- -Uholisia in “Kanokuni”
- -Iceberg in “Water Seven”
- -Hina in “Marine HQ”
- -Imu in “Mary Geoise” (he says “…”)
- -Laboon in “Twin Cape”
- -Some prisoners in “Impel Down”
- -Citizens in “Loguetown”
- -Ivankov in “kamabakka Queendom”
- We can see other random islands too. The sea around the world rises by 1 meter, sinking many islands.
- Then back to Foosha Village, where villagers are looking at rising tides. Woop Slap is looking super worried.
- Cut to Egghead Island, where Marine battleships are surrounding the island. Kizaru destroys one of Vegapunk’s “Sea Beast Weapon” with a normal beam. However, Kizaru has not started the attack yet since he doesn’t want to cause too much damage to the island.
- Kizaru calls Sentoumaru and asks him to surrender, but Sentoumaru refuses. We see a little flashback panel of young Kizaru demonstrating his beam (a young Vegapunk and child Sentoumaru (Kizaru is sitting on the ground while he’s shooting beams with his finger in the air).
- Sentoumaru continues talking.
- Sentoumaru: “Uncle Punk developed Pacifista’s laser by researching your power. I can’t believe you are the one coming to kill him!”
- Kizaru: “Unfortunately, I can’t cover you from the “researching the Void Century charges, Sentoumaru-kun. In the end, I have to obey orders…”
- There are 100 Marine battleships with 9 Vice Admirals and 30,000 marine soldiers surrounding Egghead Island (Saint Saturna and Kizaru). Doberman and Doll are part of the Vice Admirals, but there are new characters, too (we saw some of them in Chapter 1078).
- Saint Saturn is having a meal inside his room. Vice Admiral Doberman enters and reports the overall situation. We can see a recap of Egghead Island and where all the characters are (with chibi characters). Saturn also orders Doberman to sink the researchers’ ship that escaped the island earlier.
- Cut to Egghead Island. York is calling Mary Geoise, complaining about why they tried to kill her and other Vegapunk. The Gorusei replies that they saw her as no different from other Vegapunk. However, after Lulusia’s incident, they have a new idea and might keep York to help them produce more “Mother Flame” weapons.
- It’s revealed that York is the one that sent “Mother Flame” to Gorousei. The power plant for producing them is on Egghead Island too. York made the Gorusei promise not to hurt her or the research laboratory and to make her a Tenryuubito. The Gorousei agrees (we see Saturn and Kizaru are also listening to the conversation).
- However, in the final double spread of the chapter, we can see that York is making the call to tears with Zoro’s sword at her neck. Usopp is the one setting up the Den Den Mushi. York ends the conversation screaming for help.
- York: “Save me from Luffy!”
- The Gorousei, Saturn, and Kizaru are shocked since, until then, they were under the impression that York managed to defeat everyone using the Seraphim before calling them to Mary Geoise.
- We can see that the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates: Bonney, Lucci, and real Vegapunk (that already packed his bag), are eating and chilling behind YOrk, Zoro, and Usopp.
- Nami: “I get the entire situation now.”
- Vegapunk: “So that’s how it is…”
- Bonney: “This is a barricading incident!”
- Luffy: “I don’t get it, but we just have to use her as a shield to escape, right?!”
- End of chapter.
- Break next week for the Weekly Shonen Jump holiday (no weekly chapters for any jump series will be released).
One Piece Chapter 1088 Recap
Koby uses a new attack called “Honesty Impact” to destroy Pizzaro’s hand that threatens to destroy Garp’s ship. Juzan Creates an Ice Blade and pierces Garp while surrounded by Blackbeard Pirates. Garp is laughing while the ice starts to free him (like Saul in Ohara). Garp tells Koby and the rest of the Marines to flee and that they are the future of the Marines. After that, the Narrator says that Garp’s fate is unknown as he disappeared at Hachinosu Island. In addition, Luffy claims Egghead Island as his stronghold, but we see the Marines have also arrived.
One Piece Chapter 1089 – Egghead Island Recap
Here is a recap of what happened on Egghead Island so you know exactly where the action will pick up in One Piece Chapter 1089:
- York was revealed to be a traitor.
- The Strawhat Pirates teamed up with CP0 to fight against Seraphim.
- Marines and a ship with Blackbeard Pirates flag pull up on Egghead.
- Zoro and Kaku fighting S-hawk.
- Nami and Sanji are fighting S-Shark.
- Brook’s soul looking for vegapunk.
- York is the traitor.
- Usopp and Half Franky are petrified.
- S-snake is looking for more victims.
- Robin and Chopper are looking for Vegapunk too.
Finally, in Chapter 1088, the Narrator gives headlines from the next day’s newspaper, including Yonkou Straw Hat Luffy declaring Egghead Island as his stronghold.
One Piece Chapter 1089 Release Timeline
The One Piece Chapter 1089 release timeline is 1:00 AM JST on Monday, August 7, 2023. Here are the time zone conversions for the most common cities:
- 8:00 AM PST Sunday, August 6
- 9:00 AM MST Sunday, August 6
- 10:00 AM CST Sunday, August 6
- 12:00 PM EST Sunday, August 6
- 1:00 PM AST Sunday, August 6
- 2:00 PM BRT Sunday, August 6
- 5:00 PM GMT Sunday, August 6
- 7:00 PM CEST Sunday, August 6
- 9:30 PM IST Sunday, August 6
- 11:00 PM ICT Sunday, August 6
- 12:00 AM PHT Sunday, August 7
- 1:00 AM JST Monday, August 7
Where Can You Read One Piece Chapter 1089?
You can read One Piece Chapter 1089 for free on Viz Media’s website. In addition, the three most recent chapters are also available on the Viz Media website for free if you need to catch up on previous chapters before Chapter 1089 releases. If you are reading on a mobile device, you can also download the Shonen Jump app and read all official Shueisha Mangas, including One Piece.
- This article was updated on September 7th, 2023