The Banner Saga 2 saw its release on the PC recently, but now the game is set to be making its debut on consoles this Summer. Developer Stoic has revealed that the game will be making its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this July, with all save information and choices carrying over from the first game.
However, even though all of your information from the first game will carry over to the sequel, the developer has released a new video to help get everyone up to speed. It is called The Banner Saga In Memoriam and can be viewed at the bottom of this post.
The following is a breakdown of everything The Banner Saga 2 has to offer:
- The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
- Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
- New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
- Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
The Banner Saga 2 is available now on PC and will launch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on July 26th. Check out the In Memoriam video below.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018