Bethesda has recently deployed a beta for Skyrim update 1.4 on Steam. The patch which is currently in development will get a stress test on the online distribution network. Bethesda does urge players to consider the recent patch notes before installing the fixes on their PC’s, as well as advises users to back-up any saved dated to make sure no mishaps occur when loading the patch via Steam.
Here’s how to access the beta patch 1.4 for Skyrim
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
- This article was updated on:February 21st, 2017