Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is one of the best fighting games on the market today, though that doesn’t mean that even it isn’t prone to some bizarre glitches. Just such a bizarre glitch was discovered by Reddit user Gluetendo, where the user glitched the game into allowing him to control 8 characters at once.
The glitch can be done by anybody, however it does require you to have 8 amiibo handy. Scroll down for the step-by-step guide on how to pull this off provided by Gluetendo if you’re feeling adventurous:
- Have 8 amiibo
- Use a controller that can “desync” (a GameCube controller preferably)
- Go to the 8-Player Smash mode
- Just move your joystick until the “Player #” or port space pops up.
- Click the name part of your port until it says “None”
- Remove your controller from the port or desync it
- Scan your amiibo
- Plug the controller back in
- Move your joystick again and now you will be the player in the next available space after your scanned amiibo.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until all the Player spaces are filled with the 8 amiibo
- Go to the Settings (where Time or Stock and Item rules are)
- Exit that screen and start a game!
Just in case you don’t feel like actually doing all this work and you just want to see how crazy this can be, YouTuber DrowzeeSpaceman has provided us all just that via the video below. He essentially is controlling an army of Ganondorfs all at once, which is unsurprisingly hilarious.