Call of Duty: WWII Continues its Winning Streak in Japan
Activision’s Call of Duty: WWII keeps reinvigorating the numbers of the franchise around the world, this time debuting at number 1 with strong sales according to Media Create. The shooter has been able not only of recovering from the weak debut of last year’s Infinite Warfare, but also slightly passing the numbers of 2015’s Black Ops III, the last entry of the franchise to be released on PS3 as well, signaling that the core fanbase of the series has finally made the transition into the current generation.
WWII’s success in Japan mirrors its good opening in the United Kingdom earlier this week, where it’s been reported the game had a stunning 57% more sales than its previous entry. The game manages to reach number 1 in the charts despite the strong competition from Super Mario Odyssey, which had the best second week among any 3D Mario game. The Nintendo Switch exclusive already made a smashing debut last week with the best entry out of its 3D predecessors.
Other new entries include the remastered compilation .hack//G.U. Last Recode for PS4, which managed to sell a decent amount of copies, and Girls Mode 4 for Nintendo 3DS.
On the hardware charts, Nintendo Switch continues to benefit from the momentum of Super Mario Odyssey, still puling huge numbers despite falling 50% from last week. PS4, Nintendo 3DS and the rest of platforms follow from the distance.
01. [PS4] Call of Duty: World War II – 168.324 / NEW
02. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 116.931
03. [PS4] .hack//G.U. Last Recode – 61.816 / NEW
04. [3DS] Girls Mode 4 – 32.176 / NEW
05. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 23.557
06. [PS4] ARK: Survival Evolved – 23.370
07. [PS4] Assassin’s Creed Origins – 22.272
08. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.913
09. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux – 9.798
10. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport – 9.045
11. [PS4] Taiko Drum Master: Drum Session – 7.679
12. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6.662
13. [PS4] The Evil Within 2 – 5.809
14. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX – 4.882
15. [PS4] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary – 4.858
16. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ – 4.008
17. [PS4] City Shrouded in Shadow – 3.511
18. [PS4] Middle-earth: Shadow of War – 3.367
19. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions – 3.171
20. [3DS] Idol Time PriPara: Yume All-Star Live! – 3.080
01. Nintendo Switch – 64.387
02. PlayStation 4 – 28.823
03. Nintendo 3DS– 20.856
04. PlayStation Vita – 3.576
05. Xbox One – 114
06. PlayStation 3 – 56
07. Wii U – 38
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Progression Redesign To Release on March 21st
Star Wars Battlefront 2’s progression system has been a work in progress since the game launched late last year. Today,…
Super Bomberman R Heading To PS4, Xbox One And PC With Platform-Exclusive Characters
Konami has announced that Super Bomberman R is no longer a Nintendo Switch exclusive, and will be coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in June.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Officially Announced
After tons of leaks and speculations, it was finally officially revealed that the next Tomb Raider game will be called Shadow of the Tomb Raider and be available this fall.
The Witcher’s Geralt Confirmed As SoulCalibur 6’s ‘First’ Guest Character
Bandai Namco has confirmed what fans have more or less taken as fact for the past month: The Witcher's Geralt will be joining the roster of SoulCalibur 6.
Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life Review
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life brings series protagonist Kazuma Kiryu's story to a close. Unfortunately, it's not quite the send off that he deserved.