Dark Souls 3 has a lot of great weapons to choose from, but one of the best ones to pick is definitely the Dark Sword. The weapon features both high damage and speed that makes many enemies a pushover, though the new update for the game will be changing that slightly.
If you’ve logged into Dark Souls 3 and noticed that your Dark Sword isn’t quite as powerful as it once was, that’s because the latest update has nerfed it a little. The patch lowered its effectiveness by 5%, which isn’t huge but will still be noticeable for many people.
The Dark Sword wasn’t the only weapon to be tinkered around with, however, as there are many other ones that either got nerfs or boosts. The update did not require any kind of maintenance, so you’ll notice the changes immediately upon booting up the game. You can check out the complete update notes below.
- All Dagger weapons: increased critical attack power.
- Dark Sword: reduced weapon efficiency.
- Anri’s Straight Sword: reduced scaling effects.
- Wolnir’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Crescent Moon Sword: added intelligence scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Morne’s Great Hammer: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Lothric’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Yorshka’s Spear: increased FP damage effects.
- Scholar’s Candlestick: reduced sorcery-strengthening properties.
- Demon’s Fist: reduced weight.
- Greatsword of Judgement: increased attack power.
- Heysel’s Pick: increased intelligence scaling.
- All shield-piercing weapons: added shield-piercing properties to regular attacks.
- All Skills that enchant a weapon with special properties: extended length of effect.
- Obscuring Ring: increased distance at which ring takes effect.
- Hornet Ring: adjusted efficiency.
- Black Serpent: adjusted tracking.
- Lightning Stake: now requires 1 attunement slot.
- Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier: extended length of effect.
- Divine Pillars of Light: increased attack power.
- White Dragon Breath: reduced stamina consumption.
- All Bug Pellet items: extended length of effect.
- Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.
Dark Souls 3 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.